Thursday, February 26, 2009

AFP in full.

I was actually quite tired after the concert, but as usual I had lied to myself, and tricked myself into thinking that I was not. By the end of the day after the show, let's just say, I did not write as I said I would. I think that is evident.

The concert was brilliant. I had no idea that my mother (who had purchased the tickets for my sister and I), had received a call back from the ticket sellers, telling her that they had changed the configuration of the seating, and that better seating was available. (For those who do not know me, and have not had me explain this to them before, my original tickets were "restricted view", and I was not guarenteed to see very well.) Anyway, when we were directed to our table, I was shocked, and very giddy to realise that we would be sitting quite literally less than two metres away from Amanda Palmer herself.

It was wonderful. Up until this point, my favourite concert out of all that I had been to had remained my very first concert, The Cure, in 2007. AFP's show gave it quite the run for it's money. It was loverly and theatrical and very energetic, and I loved all of it. Amanda seems to be a very sweet person in, well, person. I am kind of upset that I didn't get to meet her after the show, as I had to go home, for I had an exam the next day. Most of my dear favourites were played (Ampersand, Blake Says, Leeds United), as well as some of my favourite Dresden Doll songs (Coin-Operated Boy and Girl Anachronism. Go figure.)

I am very glad to have had the chance to see her in concert -- even if I didn't get to meet her. (I would have been sort of upset... I would like to have drawn her a picture, or painted something, despite both options seeming rather obsessive. I like to 'give back', or I feel as though I've ripped them off some how.)

I had a loverly, loverly time.

No comments:

Post a Comment