Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today was the first day of my two week holidays. I am pleased.

I have had some very strange yet interesting dreams the past few nights, and while they are incredibly weird in their happenings, I still woke up with a feeling of loss because I had enjoyed dreaming them so much. That said, I am definately one of those people who feels like dreaming makes sleeping worth while.

I bought a new sketchbook, and named it Bruno. I have decided to start naming them human names, because I always get them mixed up. So, Bruno and I have been working together, and I've actually kept my word -- albeit, very late -- that I would do some character sheets. I have drawn... (quickly goes away to check) 9 so far. 9 and 1 painting. This is a good start. I would like to paint them, or at least give them a splash of colour before I scan them in.

My art class visited two of the locations for the Art Express yesterday, one of which being 'the Armory' in Homebush. I mention that one specifically, because we also went to the NSW Art Gallery, and I felt that the works there were less consistant in selection and overall theme (of the selection). In other words, I felt that as a collection of Yr 12 BOW's, the Armory's selection was much more... harmonious with one another. There was consistancy in concept. Most of which, being Imagination, Dreams, Death and the Anima & Animus. While I enjoyed looking at all of the works, and while I appreciated them, the fact that there were so many with similar conceptual backbone as mine made me kind of wary as to whether I will be selected next year (as pretentious as that sounds).

As for SW, I haven't started any of the artwork yet (other than the two title pages I had already mentioned -- but even those are not coloured in yet). And I'm thinking that I will re write what I have already in ways of the script. Everything seems to be... hurried.


I read that Placebo are going to be playing 3 shows in the UK before they start their 'summer' (winter over here!) tour, and that makes me kind of sad that I don't live in the UK. I hope very much that they come to AU, and that if that were to happen that I would also be able to get some tickets.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment