Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yesterday was my birthday, and now I am a scraggly little raggamuffin of 17 years. Oh, the youth I have.

Anyway, I spent the evening watching some of my birthday spoils, that is, I got The Mighty Boosh 1 & 2 DVD's. And that's what I've been doing this morning, and drawing some kind of bad (in my opinion) fan art of Vince and Howard (ie. i think it's bad because i can't make it look like them... save for the hair and mirrorball suit.)

And now for the list (which'll make me seem like a spoilt scraggamuffin --see what i did there?-- of 17 years):- The Mighty Boosh series One and Two on DVD
- Sleeping With Ghosts by Placebo
- Placebo by Placebo
- Black Market Music by Placebo
- Gaiman and Amano's The Dream Hunters (And I so fangirled over this!! The watercolours!!)
- Sandman volume 5: A Game of You
- Supersunnyspeedgraphic, the LP by Ben Folds
- The Myth Of Sisyphus by Camus
- A black button up with white polka dots on
- A Red and black check(ish) button up
- A Siouxsie shirt
- Two suspender belts (... because normal tights just aren't cool anymore...)
- And an Octagonal Box (???) (complete with engrish instructions? I love it!!!)

So that was all very cool and good. I also got some money with which to purchase things that I require or things that catch my eye and desire. I think I'll invest in some new t-shirts. And some goff bling.

I'm very happy to have gotten CD's. New music is always good for drawing and painting to. And I love especially Placebo's music. It has a certain ... vibe or sound (I'm not sure which, maybe both) which I can't describe in words without sounding a bit pretentious. So I draw it instead. (Just so you know, most of the shirtless boy drawings and paintings are from listening to Placebo, as well as the 'sleepy' ones... so that's kind of how I describe it with paintings.)

I'm going to leave it there because I'm finding it hard to type with a cat nuzzling my elbows.

B

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Mmm, I can watch boosh whenever now that they air it (at 1:30 AM) here. I record...ha!

    ReplyDelete